WeHo City Councilmember John Heilman has taken a bold step and is publicly calling to task the business practices of the historic House of Blues on Sunset. From September 2007 through September 2008 there have been over 100 Sheriff’s radio dispatches (law enforcement calling for additional assistance) and 44 arrests at the location. In early September the Sunset Strip had to be shut down for several hours due to a fight that included over 100 patrons both inside and outside of the venue. Over the past 6 months fights and injuries have increased. City staff has met with HOB managment on numerous occasions but no significant changes have been made. Public Safety and Neighborhood Livability are among the top reasons why people choose to live, and why people choose to play, in West Hollywood. Businesses with complete disregard for safety and community should be held accountable. The move could result in the HOB eventually losing their business license. Stay tuned, I will keep you posted on the outcome.
- How Facebook Hijacked WW
- Walking WeHo Wisely…
- West Hollywood Halloween 2011
- West Hollywood’s long awaited Library + Book Fair
- Sunset Strip Music Festival rocks West Hollywood
- WeHo’s National Night Out Against Crime
- LA PRIDE hits WeHo….
- Why Walking WeHo is Wonderful…..
- Elizabeth Taylor, the original Fierce Advocate….
- LA Marathon runs through WeHo
- Deep Dish with Marc Harshbarger
- Greg in Hollywood
- Jason (Boegh) in Hollywoodland
- LA PRIDE 2010
- LA Times
- Lundon Calling
- Official WeHo City Web Site
- RaulSez – Raul Rojas
- She Wired
- Simple Rules of Money
- The Advocate
- The Flow Astrology Guide
- The McFarland Report
- The Trevor Project
- The Tweakers Project
- White Knot